One in a series of mini-tutorials originally emailed to busy colleagues.
- Each Moodle course has its own calendar and the teacher can record events in the calendar.
- When a teacher creates various activities (e.g. an assignment where students upload work), the deadline for that activity is automatically entered into the course calendar.
- When a student logs on to Moodle, the calendar automatically merges every event recorded by every teacher in every course the student is enrolled in (and a teacher’s calendar does the same for all the courses taught).
- Upcoming events in the calendar are also highlighted in the ‘Upcoming Events’ block.
- You can learn more about the calendar here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Calendar